En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies ou technologies équivalentes afin de bénéficier de services adaptés à vos besoins. En savoir plus sur les cookies

Tout savoir sur votre retraite de la sécurité sociale

Residence abroad

You live outside of France and you have worked in France and/or abroad? Here you’ll find an overall view of the points of reference and the advice given in order to the issues at stake concerning pension rights and procedures.

Photo article

Being retiree in another country

Click on the "CC" to activate the English subtitles

Rights and procedures

Change of address, international departure

You can receive your old age pension abroad. If you are retired and you choose to move abroad, you are required to notify the regional pension fund that pays your pension about your address change.
You must also indicate all change of bank account details.

A noter

Please note

The Old-Age Solidarity Benefit - Allocation de solidarité aux personnes âgées (Aspa) and the Supplementary Invalidity Benefit - Allocation supplémentaire d’invalidité (ASI) are both conditioned by residence in France.

Therefore, these benefits are no longer paid if you reside outside of France. However, once returned to France, you can renew you claim for benefits.

Life certificate

If you live abroad and you are granted an old age pension (personally or as a survivor’s pension) from the general social security scheme, you will be asked to sign a life certificate every year in order to make sure that you are still eligible for the pension. You should sign the certificate regardless of your nationality.

You’ll also need to get the certificate signed by the relevant local authorities in your country of residence (e.g. the city hall, police station etc.) and send it back to your pension fund in France.

A noter

Please note

If your pension fund doesn’t receive your life certificate, your payments will be suspended.

Health insurance rights

A noter

Please note

In case of decease of your spouse you may, under certain circumstances, be eligible to a survivor’s pension.


If you are fiscally domiciled in another country than France, your pension will be subject to none of the following: the Generalized social contribution (Contribution sociale généralisée, CSG), the Social debt reimbursement contribution (Contribution pour le remboursement de la dette sociale, CRDS), the Solidarity contribution for autonomy (Contribution de solidarité pour l’autonomie, Casa).

However, when entitled to French old-age pension you fall under the French health insurance scheme, and a health insurance contribution will be deducted from the pension you receive abroad.

If you are a foreign national and your period of old-age insurance in France is less than 15 years, you also fall under the French health insurance scheme and the health insurance contribution will be deducted.

In the framework of the European coordination, and if your permanent residence is in one of the countries where Community regulations are applied, the health insurance contribution will be deducted if health care services are charged to the French health insurance.

A noter

Please note

You can only be fiscally domiciled in one country.

If you file your taxes in France, we have transferred information about your taxable Social Security pension income to the French fiscal authorities.

If you do not file your taxes in France, you can download a payment certificate (attestation de paiement) on your personal account, as a proof of your French pension income


Note globale : 1.7/5 (14 votes)
Noter l'article :